Thursday, November 29, 2012

Your Eyes are Open but Are you Really Seeing?

For some reason when I begin to tap into the core of my emotions, instead of forging forward, I run - backwards, sideways, away, every which way but forward.  I haven't figured out where the fear is coming from but it's evident that it's fueling my flight.  How is it that I have what I consider a pretty damn good perception of why and where emotions from every other person on the planet stem from but I can't quiet the silent roar in my mind to figure out my own?  Fluxing emotions without warning are not a newsflash to me - they've always seemed like a natural part of my makeup.  I am slowly learning to reign them in; cautiously or should I say more cautiously, allow their arrivals and departures from my internal turmoil.  Learning to give my emotions not only a voice but a purpose that makes sense.  The quiet of my guidance is slowly resurrecting my soul.  How I have missed the pen and paper but continue to fear the unknown.  My purpose on this journey is not undiscovered, perhaps just unknown to me.  My eyes are open but I don't know if I have ever really stopped to see.  Here's to hoping that my eyes focus and begin to see and accept what has always been in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment